Connectionists: computational neuroscience postdoc position available at Caltech

Ila Fiete ilafiete at caltech.edu
Fri Dec 1 02:28:18 EST 2006

Apologies for multiple postings if you are subscribed to several groups.

Announcement of postdoctoral position in computational/theoretical
neuroscience at the Center for Neural Systems, Caltech --

Available: 1 fully-funded postdoctoral position to collaborate with me
and the greater systems neuroscience community at Caltech. I'm looking
for individuals who are interested in understanding neural codes and
dynamics  in neural networks that underlie complex behaviors (for
example, but not limited to, singing in songbirds, navigation using
hippocampal and entorhinal circuits in rodents, and odor coding in
insects). Work will be carried out in collaboration with relevant
systems neuroscience experimental labs at Caltech and elsewhere.

Candidates should have a strong quantitative background in Physics,
Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science. The start date is
flexible, but with a preference for begining in Spring 2007. The initial
appointment will be for 1 year with a possibility of an extension.
Ability to program in Matlab and C, and some knowledge of neuroscience a
plus, but not necessary. If interested, please contact me
(ilafiete at caltech.edu) with a copy of your cv or resume, a statement of
research interestes, and 3 letters of reference.

For more information, please look at
http://www.klab.caltech.edu/~ila/
and
http://www.cns.caltech.edu/