Connectionists: Gaussian Process Workshop at NIPS*05

Joaquin Quinonero Candela jqc at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Oct 21 05:17:06 EDT 2005

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the NIPS*05 Gaussian Process Workshop:

  "Open Issues in Gaussian Processes for Machine Learning"

   http://gp.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de

which will take place in Whistler, Canada, on Saturday December 10th
2005, as part of the workshops of the 2005 Neural Information
Processing Systems conference.

With sponsor from the PASCAL research network we have been able to
invite the following two senior speakers from statistics to the
workshop:

  - Tony O'Hagan, University of Sheffield
  - Michael Stein, University of Chicago

This is not a call for papers: there will be no call for papers for
this workshop! We plan to have more of a guided discussion with long
selected invited talks that can be interrupted with questions at any
point, and a closing round table discussion with a panel of invited
experts.

We encourage all to join the workshop, and to write on the wiki of
the workshop's webpage any open questions you may have on GPs which
you wish to see addressed at the workshop.

Best wishes,

The organizers
Joaquin Quionero-Candela, Max Planck Institute for Biol. Cybernetics
Carl Edward Rasmussen, Max Planck Institute for Biol. Cybernetics
Zoubin Ghahramani, University College London and Cambridge University

  Dr. Joaquin Quionero-Candela      http://www.tuebingen.mpg.de/~jqc
  Max Planck Institute for                       jqc at tuebingen.mpg.de
  Biological Cybernetics                      Tel: (+49) 7071 601 553
  Spemannstrae 38, 72076 Tbingen, Germany   Fax: (+49) 7071 601 552