Connectionists: Computational Motor Control

Reza Shadmehr shadmehr at jhu.edu
Mon Jul 18 09:14:28 EDT 2005

Dear colleagues:

Emo Todorov and I would like to invite you to the fourth computational motor
control symposium at the Society for Neuroscience conference.  The symposium
will take place on Friday, Nov. 11 2005 at the Washington DC convention
center.  The purpose of the meeting is to highlight computational modeling
and theories in motor control.  This is an opportunity to meet and hear from
some of the bright minds in the field.

The program consists of two distinguished speakers and 12 contributed talk,
selected from the submitted abstracts.  The speakers this year are:

Daniel Wolpert, University College London
Andrew Schwartz, University of Pittsburg

We encourage you to consider submitting an abstract.  The abstracts will be
reviewed by a panel and ranked.  The top 12 abstracts will be selected for
oral presentation.  We encourage oral presentation by students who have had
a major role in the work described in the abstracts. More information is
available here:

www.bme.jhu.edu/acmc

The deadline for abstract submission is September 30.  Abstracts should be
no more than two pages in length, including figures and references.

with our best wishes,

Reza Shadmehr and Emo Todorov