Connectionists: Job: Computation, Language, Cognition: Indiana U CogSci

Michael Gasser gasser at cs.indiana.edu
Fri Jul 15 10:36:16 EDT 2005

[Connectionist language researchers are encouraged to apply.
-Mike Gasser]

Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana.
Faculty position beginning Fall, 2006

As one of a series of new appointments, the Cognitive Science Program
at Indiana University seeks applicants with a developing strong record
of research in 'Computational Approaches to Language and Cognition',
broadly defined.  Rank is open.  We are looking for someone with
vision, energy, and a desire to explore new forms of interdisciplinary
study.  The right candidate is more important than the specific
disciplinary background.  Junior applicants should send full dossiers,
including letters of recommendation and sample papers. Senior
applicants may do the same, but we also encourage potential senior
applicants to contact us directly to discuss possibilities.  Indiana
University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Applications from women and minority group members are especially
encouraged.  We may also be able to consider joint hiring of two
affiliated applicants both in the field.  As far as possible, e-mail
all materials (ideally in PDF format) to cogsrch at indiana.edu.
Materials may also be mailed to Professor Michael Gasser, Computation,
Language, Cognition Search Committee, Cognitive Science Program,
Eigenmann 819, 1910 E. 10th St., Bloomington, IN 47406-7512.
Applications received by December 1, 2005 are assured full
consideration.  Address any questions you have about the position to
gasser at indiana.edu.