Assistant Professorship in Neuroscience at Rutgers Newark

Ken Harris kdharris at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 8 18:11:24 EDT 2004

The Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience at Rutgers-Newark
has announced an opening for an Assistant Professor, tenure-track
faculty position in Behavioral/Cognitive Neuroscience.

The Center is primarily dedicated to research and graduate
training. We seek a mature candidate with a clear research agenda
focused on fundamental questions that link brain and behavior. The
candidate should be ready to run an independent laboratory, train
graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, and attract substantial
independent external funding.

Further details on our facilities, faculty, and training programs can
be found at http://www.cmbn.rutgers.edu.  Local resources include
state-of-the art animal labs, human testing facilities, computer
facilities and a 3T Siemens Allegra fMRI (see
http://www.rutgers-newark.rutgers.edu/fmri/).  There is excellent
access to a wide variety of neuropsychological, neurological, and
psychiatric patient populations of all ages through ongoing
cooperative relationships with our medical school and other clinical
facilities in nearby northern New Jersey and New York City. Close
connections with the CNS research divisions of the extensive New
Jersey pharmaceutical industry provides additional opportunities for
collaboration and support.

Our campus is located in Northern New Jersey, in downtown Newark, just
13 miles -- and 20 minutes -- from midtown Manhattan. Extensive
commuter rail lines make is feasible to live either in New York City
or in the suburbs or rural areas of New Jersey. Five minutes from the
downtown Newark train station, the campus is part of the
five-university University Heights section of town with over 10,000
undergraduate and graduate students.  Further information at
http://www.newark.rutgers.edu/.

The Integrative Neuroscience Ph.D. Program is a multidisciplinary
program whose strengths range from molecular neurobiology through
cognitive neuroscience. Emphasizing the integrative understanding of
the links between brain and behavior, the program includes faculty
from both Rutgers University - Newark and our medical school, the
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ). For more
information, see http://www.ins.rutgers.edu.

To apply, send CV, three letters of references and statement of
research goals to: Dr. Paula Tallal, Co-Director, Center for Molecular
& Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers University - Newark. 197 University
Avenue, Newark, New Jersey 07102. For additional information, feel
free to contact Dr.  Tallal at tallal at axon.rutgers.edu.

Kenneth D. Harris, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
197 University Avenue
Newark  NJ 07102, USA

phone: 973 353 1080, x3331
fax: 973 353 1272