Evaluating Predictive Uncertainty Competition

Joaquin Quinonero Candela jqc at imm.dtu.dk
Mon Nov 8 05:46:13 EST 2004

[Apologies if you receive this message more than once]

We are glad to announce the "Evaluating Predictive Uncertainty"
Competition:

http://predict.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de

organized by Joaquin Quinonero Candela, Carl Rasmussen and Yoshua Bengio.
This competition will be part of the NIPS 2004 Workshop on "Calibration
and Probabilistic Prediction in Machine Learning".

The goal is to evaluate the quality of probabilistic models for regression
and for classification. For this purpose we propose a set of datasets for
regression and classification. We evaluate the predictions of the
participants with traditional losses that only take into account "point"
predictions, and with additional losses that do take into account the
probabilistic nature of the predictions.

Many more details are to be found at the website of the competition.

Joaquin Quinonero Candela
Dept. Empirical Inference
Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics
Tuebingen, Germany