RA position (Bristol University, UK)

ICG Campbell, Engineering Mathematics C.Campbell at bristol.ac.uk
Thu May 13 07:33:48 EDT 2004

Research Assistant Position: Analysis of Microarray Data

Applications are invited from experienced postdoctoral Research Fellows to
work on a project  principally focussed on new methods for the analysis and
interpretation of microarray datasets. This project will involve the design
of new algorithms and data analysis techniques to improve inference in
medical diagnosis, predicted prognosis and fusion of data from different
sources. We will use a variety of methods including Bayesian techniques and
graphical methods, kernel methods and other approaches. This project is
part of a large collaborative European Framework 6 consortium and will
involve interaction and visits to collaborating groups in the UK and visits
to overseas groups in Norway, France, Israel and the US. On the
experimental side our collaborators are medical groups generating data for
cancer research and diseases of the brain and the Research Fellow should be
willing to sometimes assist in the interpretation and analysis of datasets
generated by our collaborators.

The Research Fellow will be hosted by the Computational Intelligence
subgroup of the Artificial Intelligence Group within the Department of
Engineering Mathematics, Bristol University. Details about our group and
publications can be obtained from our website http://www.enm.bris.ac.uk/ai/
Applicants should have excellent mathematical and computational skills, and
preferably a background in machine learning, statistics or bioinformatics.

Details:
Duration: 2 years with possible extension.
Staff category and grade: RA1A
Salary range: £18893 - £28279 per annum depending on qualifications and
experience.

Application:
Informal enquiries should be made to Dr. Colin Campbell, email:
C.Campbell(at)bris.ac.uk
Formal applications and details of how to apply are available from the
Personnel Services website, at http://www.bris.ac.uk/boris/jobs/ (vacancy
ref. 10256).

The closing date for applications is 30th June 2004.

ICG Campbell, Engineering Mathematics
C.Campbell at bristol.ac.uk