New journal

Bert Kappen bert at snn.kun.nl
Wed Jan 21 06:37:47 EST 2004

Dear all,

I would like to draw your attention to a new journal that has been
lauched this month:  Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and
Experiment (JSTAT). This is an online journal published by IOP and SISSA.
JSTAT has a very broad scope, among which also topics relevant to the
connectionist community:

Phase transitions and critical phenomena.
Non-equilibrium processes.
Applications in biological physics, genomics.
Information theory, combinatorial optimization, graphs and networks
Collective phenomena in economic and social systems.
New applications of statistical mechanics.

For more information on the topics covered in JSTAT see
https://jstat.sissa.it/index.jsp

JSTAT has a fully electronic reviewing process, which assures fast
response.  I think that JSTAT is a good place to publish physics-style
results from the connectionists community, and I am looking forward to
your submissions.

Bert Kappen             SNN           University of Nijmegen
tel: +31 24 3614241                      fax: +31 24 3541435

The University of Nijmegen will be named Radboud University Nijmegen
as of September 1st, 2004