PhD position at Goettingen, Germany

Michael Herrmann michael at jupiter.chaos.gwdg.de
Fri Jan 2 04:35:24 EST 2004

Dear Connectionists,

at the department of Nonlinear Dynamics of the Max-Planck-Institut fuer
Stroemungsforschung, Goettingen, there is an immediate opening for a PhD
student position (BAT IIa/2). The successful applicant will work in an
international interdisciplinary project on neural mechanisms of motoric
control including modeling issues and a robotic implementation. We provide
a stimulating scientific environment in a dynamic interdisciplinary team,
state-of-the-art computing facilities and qualified and individual
supervision. Applicants are supposed to have finished a degree in the
sciences and to have a background in computational neuroscience. The
position is initially limited to six months. A prolongation and the
opportunity to proceed with a PhD depends only on success of work.
Knowledge of German language is not required. The institute is committed
to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified
candidates, including persons with disabilities, members of visible
minorities, and women.

For a detailed description of the research projects of our group and
information about the city of Goettingen, please visit our WWW homepage at
http://www.chaos.gwdg.de/. For further question please contact the sender
of this email.

Please send your application (preferably electronically as PDF, including
CV, list of publications, certificates, and the names and email addresses
of three academic references) with the keyword "SensoMotorics" to

Prof. Dr. T. Geisel
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Stroemungsforschung
Bunsenstr. 10, 37073 Goettingen, Germany
http//:www.chaos.gwdg.de
e-mail: geisel at chaos.gwdg.de

* Dr. J. Michael Herrmann        Georg August University Goettingen *
* Tel. : +49 (0)551 5176424      Institute for Nonlinear Dynamics   *
* Fax  : +49 (0)551 5176439      Bunsenstr. 10, D-37073 Goettingen  *
* EMail: michael at chaos.gwdg.de   http://www.chaos.gwdg.de           *