Paper available:"Role of synaptic filtering on the firing response of simple model neurons"

Nestor Parga nestor.parga at uam.es
Wed Feb 11 11:33:22 EST 2004

Dear colleagues,

We would like to announce the following paper:

"Role of synaptic filtering on the firing response of simple model neurons"

by:  Rubn Moreno-Bote and Nstor Parga

(Phys. Rev. Lett, Jan 2004)

A version of this work is available at:

http://ket.ft.uam.es/~neurociencia/publications.html

Best regards

Nestor Parga

Title:
Role of synaptic filtering on the firing response of simple model neurons

Authors:
Rubn Moreno-Bote and Nstor Parga

Abstract:

During active states of the brain neurons process their afferent currents
with an effective membrane time constant much shorter than its value at rest.
This fact, together with the existence of several synaptic time scales,
determines to which aspects of the input the neuron responds best.
Here we present a solution to the response of a leaky integrate-and-fire neuron
with synaptic filters when long synaptic times are present, and predict the
firing rate for all values of the synaptic time constant. We also discuss under
which conditions this neuron becomes a coincidence detector.

|  Nestor Parga                    |                                |
|                                  | Phone :  (+34) 91-497-4542     |
|  Dpto. de Fisica Teorica, C-XI   | Fax   :  (+34) 91-497-3936     |
|  Universidad Autonoma de Madrid  | E-mail:   nestor.parga at uam.es  |
|  28049 Madrid, SPAIN             |                                |
|            http://ket.ft.uam.es/~neurociencia/nestor              |