Simbrain 1.0.5 Released

Jeff Yoshimi jyoshimi at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 17 02:55:30 EDT 2004

A new version of Simbrain (http://simbrain.sourceforge.net/) has been
released.  This is an interim release, to make recent changes available
prior to beginning work on the next iteration, which will involve a
major redesign and integration with Snarli
(http://snarli.sourceforge.net/)

Primary areas of improvement in 1.0.5 are as follows:  (1) complete
rewrite of the world component, which now allows worlds to be edited in
the GUI and includes more sophisticated objects, (2) complete rewrite
of the gauges, which have been separately released as the program
"HiSee" (http://hisee.sourceforge.net/), (3) updates to the network
interface, right-click popup menus in particular, (4) a documentation
rewrite. Other improvements include: recurrent connections show in the
GUI,  improved control over input and output nodes, ability to round
off activation values and set precision, new simulations and
organization to simulation directory, new documentation viewer, and
numerous bug fixes.

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated as we enter the next
phase of development.  As always, we are seeking developers and help.

- Jeff