Frontal workshop to be held in Nancy, France. 20 October 2003.

Nicolas Rougier Nicolas.Rougier at loria.fr
Mon Sep 15 04:13:30 EDT 2003

Dear Connectionists,

I would like to announce the following workshop on frontal cortex to be
held in Nancy, France on October, 20 2003.

"A multidisciplinary approach to the study of the frontal cortex"

Substantial progress has been achieved in the last decade regarding the
role of the prefrontal cortex on several grounds: computational
modeling, neuropsychology, neurosciences, and neuroimaging to mention
but the most manifest. The complexity of the subject compels a diversity
of standpoints. Accordingly, the aim of the present workshop is to
propose an unambiguously multidisciplinary approach to the study of the
prefrontal cortex. We wish to set off fruitful discussion on how to
bridge the gap among different perspectives, by presenting data from
diverse fields of research. We think that viewing together some of the
multifarious facets of the work on the prefrontal cortex may help to
improve our attempts to understand its role.

Invited speakers:

Todd Braver (Washington University)
"Prefrontal mechanisms of cognitive control"

Vittorio Gallese (Parma University)
"From action control to action representation:
mirror neurons and the cognitive functions of the premotor cortex"

Etienne Koechlin (Pierre et Marie Curie University)
"Organization of executive functions in the human prefrontal cortex"

Michael Kopelman (Kings College, London)
"Frontal amnesias"

Randall O'Reilly ( University of Colorado)
"Reinforcement learning of dynamic gating signal
in the prefrontal cortex/basal ganglia working memory system"

Registration is free (and mandatory) but places are limited.

Further information available at:
http://www.loria.fr/~rougier/workshop.html

Detailed program at:
http://www.loria.fr/~rougier/workshop-program.html