WIRN 2003 - Call for papers

Dario Malchiodi malchiodi at dsi.unimi.it
Mon Jan 13 13:13:02 EST 2003

WIRN  2003

C A L L   F O R    P A P E R S

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The 14-th Italian Workshop on Neural Networks
and "Premio Caianiello" competition

June 5 to 7, 2003,Vietri Sul Mare, Salerno ITALY

******
Homepage: http://siren.dsi.unimi.it/indice2.html

*

Sponsors
International Institute for Advanced Scientific Studies (IIASS) "E.R.
Caianiello"
Dip. di Fisica "E.R. Caianiello", University of Salerno
Dip. di Matematica ed Informatica, University of Salerno
Dip. di Scienze dell'Informazione, University of Milano
Societa' Italiana Reti Neuroniche (SIREN)
IEEE Neural Network Council INNS/SIG Italy
Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici, Napoli
Provincia di Salerno

Topics
Mathematical Models, Architectures and Algorithms, Hardware and
Software Design, Hybrid Systems, Pattern Recognition and Signal
Processing, Industrial and Commercial Applications, Fuzzy Tecniques for
Neural Networks

Schedule
Papers Due:  February 28, 2003
Replies to Authors:        April 30, 2003
Revised Papers Due:      June 15, 2003

The three-day conference, to be held in the I.I.A.S.S., will feature
both introductory tutorials and original, refereed papers, to be
published by an International Publishing  Company .  Official languages
are Italian and English, while papers must be in English. More detailed
instructions and the On-Line Submission Form can be found from the WIRN
2003 homepage  http://siren.dsi.unimi.it/indice2.html.
During the Workshop the "Premio E.R. Caianiello" will be assigned to
the best Ph.D. thesis in the area of Neural Nets and related fields of
Italian researchers. The amount is of 1.000 Euros. The interested
researchers (with the Ph.D degree  obtained  after January 1, 2000 and
before  March 31 2003) must send 3 copies of a c.v. and of the thesis
to "Premio Caianiello" WIRN  2003 c/o IIASS before April 30,2003.  A
candidate can submit his Ph. D. thesis  at most twice. Only   SIREN
associated are admitted (subscription forms can be downloaded from the
SIREN site).

For more information,
contact the Secretary of I.I.A.S.S. "E.R. Caianiello", Via
G.Pellegrino, 19,  84019 Vietri Sul Mare (SA), ITALY
Tel. +39 89 761167	Fax  +39 89 761189
E-Mail robtag at unisa.it

Organizing - Scientific  Committee
B. Apolloni (Univ. Milano), A. Bertoni (Univ. Milano), N. A. Borghese
(Univ. Milano), D. D. Caviglia (Univ. Genova), P. Campadelli (Univ.
Milano), A. Chella (Univ. Palermo), A. Colla (ELSAG Genova), A.
Esposito (I.I.A.S.S.), M. Frixione (Univ. Salerno), C. Furlanello
(ITC-IRST Trento), G. M. Guazzo (I.I.A.S.S.), M. Gori (Univ. Siena), M.
Marinaro (Univ. Salerno), F. Masulli (Univ. Pisa), C. Morabito (Univ.
Reggio Calabria), P. Morasso (Univ. Genova), G. Orlandi (Univ. Roma),
T. Parisini (Univ. Trieste), E. Pasero (Politecnico Torino), A.
Petrosino (CNR Napoli), V. Piuri (Politecnico Milano), R. Serra (CRA
Montecatini Ravenna), F. Sorbello (Univ. Palermo), A. Sperduti (Univ.
Pisa), R. Tagliaferri (Univ. Salerno)