postdoctoral opening in computational olfaction

Carlos Brody brody at cshl.org
Thu Dec 4 00:26:49 EST 2003

[Inquiries about this ad may also be directed to Zach Mainen, who will
be giving a tutorial on "Neural Coding and the Olfactory System" at
NIPS]

Postdoctoral position available in computational olfaction:

We are seeking highly qualified candidates with a quantitative
background and some experience in neuroscience to participate in a
combined computational/experimental project to elucidate the role of
the rodent olfactory bulb in odor recognition. The succesful applicant
will work mostly on the computational side of the project (Brody lab
at CSHL: modeling, data analysis; we also collaborate with John
Hopfield at Princeton). Work will be very close to, with possible
participation in, the experimental side of the project (Mainen lab at
CSHL: quantitative behavior, tetrode recordings from behaving rats,
intrinsic optical imaging).

If interested, please contact Carlos Brody (brody at cshl.edu), emailing a CV,
a brief statement of research interests, and the names of two or more
referees.

Selected references:

<a
href="http://www.cshl.edu/labs/brody/Papers/Brody/brody_hopfield_neuron_2003.pdf">Brody