Announcing InSitu WebSite

Steven M. Kemp steve_kemp at unc.edu
Sat Aug 16 22:08:22 EDT 2003

       *** PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANY INTERESTED PERSONS OR LISTS.  THANKS.  ***
       *** (with apologies for duplicate postings)  ***

Dear Connectionists:

The InSitu Testing Group is delighted to announce our new WebSite:

http://www.InSituTestbed.org

The InSitu Testing Group is an open-source community dedicated to the
evaluation of computational theories of psychology and behavior
against empirical data.  The computational theories we hope to test
include neural networks, computational learning theories,
reinforcement learning theories, and cognitive theories of all kinds.
Key to these evaluations is the distribution of the InSitu testbed, a
software system that allows the user to test the algorithm for any
given computational theory against a specific task, and generate
datasets that can be compared to datasets from experiments or field
observations.

The InSitu Introductory Guide describes the InSitu testbed and the
opportunities to work with the group.  It is geared towards a
diverse, general audience and should be able to provide a good
picture of the project to most readers, regardless of background.  A
pdf version of the Guide is now available and can be downloaded at:

http://www.insitutestbed.org/downloads.html#GeneralDocumentation

The Group hopes to have Beta versions of the testbed available to
users by year's end.  Please check out the Introductory Guide and the
WebSite and contact us if you are interested in any of our work.  We
are also interested in exchanging links with any related WebSites.

Thanks,

steve kemp

--

Steven M. Kemp                |
Department of Psychology      | email:  steve_kemp at unc.edu
Davie Hall, CB# 3270          |
University of North Carolina  |
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3270    |   fax: (919) 962-2537

Visit our WebSite at:  http://www.unc.edu/~skemp/

The laws of mind [are] themselves of so fluid a character as to
simulate divergences from law.  -- C. S. Peirce (Collected Papers,
6.101).