IEEE Neural Networks Society: Competition for a New Logo

Vincenzo Piuri piuri at elet.polimi.it
Sat Apr 12 08:16:53 EDT 2003

A New Logo for a New Society
Participate to the competition to design our new logo!

Dear Colleague

the areas of interest of the IEEE Neural Networks Society encompass
the entire breadth of computational intelligence.  Our well-known logo
from the IEEE Neural Networks Council, used successfully to identify
our events and activities, no longer fully represents our collective research,
applications, interests, and challenges.

It is therefore time to look for a new logo that will represent all of us!!
Neural paradigms should still be present in our insignia, but also fuzzy
systems and evolutionary computation should be recognized.

A competition, open to all members of our Society, is launched to design
the new logo. It should have preferably a horizontal layout, similar to
the IEEE logo. Any idea (including the craziest) is welcome!

How can you participate to the competition? Its easy!
Draw your proposals for the IEEE NNS logo and submit them
electronically to me at piuri at dti.unimi.it by 10 July 2003.
Any major electronic format is acceptable (e.g., jpeg, tiff, gif, pdf, ps).
When submitting the logo, please, include your first and last name,
your complete affiliation, and your IEEE membership number.
The winner will be required to transfer all rights concerning the logo
to the IEEE NN Society.

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Vincenzo Piuri
IEEE Neural Networks Society
Vice President for Members Activities

Vincenzo Piuri

University of Milan, Department of Information Technologies
via Bramante 65, 26013 Crema (CR), Italy
phone: +39-02-5033-0066 or +39-0373-898-066
secretary: +39-02-5033-0011 or +39-0373-898-011
fax: +39-02-5033-0010     email: piuri at elet.polimi.it