Paper Available : Low-dimensional chaos induced by frustration

kawamura@mail.sci.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp kawamura at mail.sci.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 9 00:23:49 EDT 2003

Dear Connectionists,

We are pleased to announce the availability of our recent paper.

"Low-dimensional chaos induced by frustration in a non-monotonic system"
M. Kawamura, R. Tokunaga and M. Okada
Europhysics Letters (will be appeared)

Preprint is available at
	http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0205471

Abstract:

 We report a novel mechanism for the occurrence of chaos at the
 macroscopic level induced by the frustration of interaction, namely
 frustration-induced chaos, in a non-monotonic sequential associative
 memory model. We succeed in deriving exact macroscopic dynamical
 equations from the microscopic dynamics in the case of the
 thermodynamic limit and prove that two order parameters dominate this
 large-degree-of-freedom system. Two-parameter bifurcation diagrams are
 obtained from the order-parameter equations. Then we analytically show
 that the chaos is low-dimensional at the macroscopic level when the
 system has some degree of frustration, but that the chaos definitely
 does not occur without the frustration.

Best regards,

Masaki Kawamura

Faculty of Science,