No subject

Peter König peterk at ini.phys.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 24 08:56:53 EST 2002

25.2.-27.2.2002 the EU neuroinformatics workshop "Neural and
Artificial Information" will take place in Zürich. This workshop is
part of a series of workshop organized by the EU network of
Neuroinformatics. It addresses our current understanding of the
computational properties of the brain. In particular we want to focus
on a discussion of the encoding capabilities of neurons and
populations of neurons. One of the goals of this analysis is to
assess how our understanding of neural computation can both be
facilitated by the constructing of synthetic neuronal systems and
give rise to novel information processing technology. The different
contributions to the workshop are structured around different levels
of neuronal organization: subcellular, cellular, circuits, systems.
The different contributions aim to elucidate the differences and
commonalities between the traditional definition and understanding of
computation and that observed in the nervous system.

More information and registration forms can be found at www.neuroinf.org

With best regards, Peter König, Paul FMJ Verschure and Tim Pearce.
--
PD Dr. Peter König		+41-1-635 30 60
Institute of Neuroinformatics	+41-1-635 30 53 (fax)
Winterthurerstr. 190		peterk at ini.phys.ethz.ch
8057 Zürich