Journal of Transplantation and Neural Plasticity

Neural Plasticity Neural.Plasticity at snv.jussieu.fr
Fri Jan 4 06:55:07 EST 2002

Dear Colleagues,

In July 1998 the Journal of Transplantation and Neural Plasticity was
reborn with a revised editorial policy, a new look and an abbreviated name
to reflect a broadened scope.  Beginning with the July-September 1998
issue, the journal has been called called Neural Plasticity and has been
publishing full research papers, short communications, commentary and
review articles concerning all aspects of neural plasticity, with special
attention to its functional significance as reflected in behaviour. In
vitro models, in vivo studies in anesthetized and behaving animals, as well
as clinical studies in humans are included. In addition to the regular
quarterly issues, there have been two special issues: 'Neural Plasticity,
Learning and Memory', and 'Therapeutic Interventions in Motor Disorders'
both of which were very well received.

The latest issue of Science Citation Index lists Neural Plasticity as
ranking 75/200 neuroscience journals, with an impact factor of 2.33. This
is ahead of such well-established journals as Experimental Brain Research,
Behavioral Brain Research, Neurosciences Letters.  I hope this will
encourage you to submit your papers to Neural Plasticity.  As editor-in
-chief, I am committed to rapid, thorough and fair peer review resulting in
publication of high quality papers which make a significant contribution to
the field.  This can only be achieved with the  strong support of the
scientific community through submission of manuscripts and by the
collaboration of the distinguished group of scientists who have joined the
editorial board.  Dr. Virginia Buchner is our very efficient managing
editor.  Her experience in managing the journal over the past few years
assures rapid and efficient handling of the manuscripts once they have been
accepted for publication.

We hope the the journal will be an inspiring forum for neuroscients
studying the development of the nervous system, learning and memory
processes, and reorganisation and recovery after brain injury. The
editorial board has been selected to reflect this broad range of competence.

Instructions for authors are attached.

  [attachment deleted -- moderator ]

We are very much looking forward to receiving your contributions for
forthcoming issues of Neural Plasticity, whose future success depends
entirely upon your interest and support.

Yours sincerely,

Susan J. Sara, Editor
NEURAL PLASTICITY
Institut des Neurosciences