Principal Curves page updated and moved

Balazs Kegl kegl at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Tue May 15 13:25:31 EDT 2001

Dear connectionists,

I updated my Principal Curves web page and moved it to

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~kegl/research/pcurves/

Recent references are included, and a new version of the java implementation
of the Polygonal Line Algorithm [1,2] is available. The most important new
features are

 - arbitrary-dimensional input data
 - adjusting the parameters of the algorithm in an interactive fashion

[1] B. Kgl, A. Krzyzak, T. Linder, and K. Zeger
    "Learning and design of principal curves"
    IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
    vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 281-297, 2000.
    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~kegl/research/publications/keglKrzyzakLinderZeger99.ps

[2] B. Kgl
    "Principal curves: learning, design, and applications,"
    Ph. D. Thesis,
    Concordia University, Canada, 1999.
    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~kegl/research/publications/thesis.ps

Comments are welcome.

Balazs Kegl

Balzs Kgl                             Assistant Professor
E-mail: kegl at iro.umontreal.ca           Dept. of Computer Science and Op. Res.
Phone: (514) 343-7401                   University of Montreal
Fax: (514) 343-5834		 	CP 6128 succ. Centre-Ville
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~kegl/	Montreal, Canada H3C 3J7