PhD and PostDoc research positions for the SWARM-BOTS project

erol@starlab.net erol at starlab.net
Sun Jul 22 16:45:48 EDT 2001

Please post:

SWARM-BOTS project: PhD and PostDoc research positions

IRIDIA - Universit Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium

We are currently seeking a PhD student and a PostDoc to join a research
team in swarm intelligence and distributed autonomous robotics at IRIDIA,
the artificial intelligence lab of the Universit Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium.

The candidate will work on the SWARM-BOTS project. The main scientific
objective of the SWARM-BOTS project is to study a novel approach to the
design and implementation of self-organising and self-assembling artefacts.
This novel approach finds its theoretical roots in recent studies in
swarm intelligence and in ant algorithms that is, in studies of the
self-organising and self-assembling capabilities shown by social insects
and other animal societies.

The area of competence of candidates should be in at least one of the
following
disciplines: Computer Science, Computational Intelligence, Automous
Robotics, Self-organizing Systems, Complex Systems.
The researchers we are looking for should be experienced programmers
in procedural or object oriented programming languages and should have
knowledge of modern operating systems. The PhD student should possess
a degree that allows him or her to embark in a doctoral program.

Female researchers are explicitly encouraged to apply for the offered
positions. We guarantee that the selection process, based solely on the
research records, will give equal opportunities to female and male
researchers.

The appointments will be for 3 years from October 1, 2001. The positions
will be filled as adequate candidates will become available.
Therefore, there is no submission deadline.

For further information see
http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~mdorigo/IRIDIA-Swarmbots-Positions.html.

Please send a CV to Dr. Marco Dorigo (mdorigo at ulb.ac.be).

------------------------------------