Research Engineer position: nonlinear models in medical instrumentation

Gail Baura gbaura at cardiodynamics.com
Thu Jul 12 22:15:43 EDT 2001

Please send out this job posting for a Research Engineer.  This researcher
will use linear and nonlinear models as a means towards understanding of
physiologic mechanisms underlying data acquired from our medical
instrumentation.

Thank you.

CardioDynamics, based in San Diego, is a rapidly growing medical technology
and information solutions company committed to fundamentally changing the
way cardiac patient monitoring is performed in healthcare.  We have the
following growth opportunity:

Research Engineer

The role of this position is to conduct the research and systems engineering
behind new product concepts and devices for both CDIC internal products and
external partnership agreements. The engineer will conduct all activities
for assigned digital signal processing research projects, including analysis
of data to determine the physiologic mechanisms underlying hemodynamic
parameters. The engineer will also translate research algorithms into
efficient realizations by writing specifications for a DSP processor.

This position requires a BS degree in an engineering discipline and an MS
degree in electrical, biomedical, or software engineering, with
specialization in digital signal processing. Demonstrated system
identification expertise, such as ARMAX or artificial neural networks, in MS
thesis. Experience in algorithm development using either LabVIEW or Matlab.
Experience in obtaining physiologic data for analysis.  Ideal candidate
would also have 1  5 years progressive hands-on research and clinical
evaluation experience with medical devices or electronic medical
instruments. PhDs would be overqualified for this position.

In addition to a dynamic environment, we offer a competitive compensation
package, including stock options, bonuses, medical, dental, 401(k) with
match, 3 wks paid time off, paid holidays and other benefits.  Visit our
website at www.cdic.com.  For consideration, please send resume and cover
letter with salary requirements to e-mail address: reseng at cdic.com, or fax
to 858/587-8616, or mail to HR, 6175 Nancy Ridge Dr., Ste. 300, San Diego,
CA 92121.  Equal Opportunity Employer.