postdoc - Rehab Robotics

Jim Patton j-patton at northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 16 15:55:02 EDT 2000

Postdoctoral Fellowship in Rehabilitation Robotics

Position:	Postdoctoral Fellow
Organization:	Sensory Motor Performance Program,
		Northwestern University and
		the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Location:	Chicago, Illinois
Posted:	10/16/00
Deadline:	12/16/00

The Sensory Motor Performance Program (SMPP) is a multidisciplinary
research laboratory located at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
(RIC) and affiliated with Northwestern University Medical an Engineering
Schools. Members of SMPP perform basic research in the areas of
musculoskeletal biomechanics and neural control of motion. Specific
emphasis is placed on the study of musculoskeletal and neurological
diseases that influence movement control.

We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join our
study on movement control in normal and hemiparetic stroke subjects. The
research involves the application of robotics technology to the study of
the neuropathology of following stroke. The applicant will benefit from the
mentorship of W. Z. Rymer and F. A. Mussa-Ivaldi, both established leaders
in the field.

Salary is contingent on educational background & experience.
More information about this position and our research is available at
http://www.smpp.nwu.edu/.

Qualifications:

Applicants will be expected to hold an earned doctorate in Biomedical
Engineering or related discipline, with a record of research in motor
control, robotics, biomechanics, neuroscience, or related field. The ideal
candidate will augment our group's expertise in clinical neuromechanical
analysis, modeling of multijoint limb movement, control theory, haptics,
system identification, neural networks, or learning theory. Emphasis will
be placed on early start time.

RIC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Woman and minority
applicants are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to
work in the United States.
Contact:

Please send a letter, vita, and the names, addresses and email addresses of
3-4 references to:

	James L. Patton, Ph.D.
	Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
	Room 1406
	345 East Superior,
	Chicago, Illinois  USA
	60611

J  A  M  E  S      P  A  T  T  O  N  ,     P  H .  D .

Research Associate,
Sensory Motor Performance Program
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.

Postdoctoral Fellow
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Northwestern University Medical School

345 East Superior
Room 1406
Chicago, IL 60611		NOTE: my phone number has changed!

312-238-1277 (OFFICE)   -2208 (FAX)    -1232 (LAB)
WEB:	  <http://www.smpp.northwestern.edu/~jim/>
EMAIL:	  <j-patton at northwestern.edu>