postdoctoral opportunity

Lynne M. Reder reder at cmu.edu
Mon Mar 13 09:30:05 EST 2000

The training grant on Combined Training in Computational and
Behavioral approaches to the Study of Cognition is seeking two new
postdoctoral fellows, one starting in June of 2000 (i.e., the degree
is already in hand before the end of this June).  The second position
is a bit more flexible in start time.  The successful applicants need
not already have experience in computational modeling but must be
interested in learning.  The training grant is only open to US
citizens or nationals (permanent residents).  Starting salary for the
stipend is $26,256 and goes up with number of years of postdoctoral
experience (the stipend is set by NIMH).  There is also a travel
allowance of $800 and a budget for ancillary expenses of $2500.

The computational approaches that we offer are symbolic, subsymbolic
and hybrid.  Please see the following web page for more information:
http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~reder/

Applications will be accepted until both positions are filled.

In addition, I am looking for a postdoctoral fellow for a position in
my lab (independent of the training grant).  My computational approach
is localist so this newsgroup may not be the appropriate venue for
such an advertisement.

Lynne M. Reder, Professor
Department of Psychology
Carnegie Mellon University