JOB: Computer vision

Rolf Wuertz Rolf.Wuertz at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jul 7 11:33:03 EDT 2000

The Chair of Systems Biophysics (Prof. C. von der Malsburg) at the
Institute for Neurocomputing of the Ruhr-University of Bochum in
Germany has vacancies for

     physicists, computer scientists, or electrical engineers

or holders of other relevant degrees. We have a variety of exciting
projects in computer vision, image understanding, and machine
learning. Special emphasis is put on the study of mechanisms for
learning solutions to hard vision problems from examples. The concrete
projects will be tailored to match the candidates' skills and
interests.

The research group has been founded in 1990 and has a long record of
successful projects in face recognition, gesture recognition, object
recognition, robot vision, network self-organization, and models of
the visual cortex. For details take a look at our WWW-site:

     http://www.neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/ini/VDM/

Candidates should have a degree in one of the above subjects, a
dedication to do active research, and an interest in computer
vision. Analytical and programming skills are required, good knowledge
of C++ will be an asset. Good students, who wish to pursue a diploma
(Diplom) degree at our institute, are also encouraged to apply.

The appointment will be for an initial period of 2 years. This can be
extended, and a Ph.D. can be earned. Payment will be in accordance
with BAT, the German salary scale for public employees.

Please send your detailed CV including supporting material and
statement of interests (email is OK) to:

|   Dr. Rolf P. Wuertz             |   Phone: +49 234 32-27994   |
|   Institut fuer Neuroinformatik  |      or: +49 234 32-27997   |
|   Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum       |   Fax:   +49 234 32-14210   |
|   D-44780 Bochum, Germany        |   Room:  ND03-32            |
| http://www.neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/ini/PEOPLE/rolf/ |
|         Rolf.Wuertz at neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de         |