Data Mining position, Denver, CO

Manavendra Misra manav at kbkids.com
Mon Feb 7 17:34:23 EST 2000

The following opportunity may be of interest to some Connectionists...

Data Mining Expert

KBkids.com is looking for an expert in data mining to be part of our
business intelligence team. This person will lead our data analysis
efforts in order to build a cutting edge, data warehouse-driven
one-to-one marketing program.  Responsibilities include:
 Interaction with the VPs of marketing and product development in
order
to define business requirements for one-to-one marketing.
 Working with our data warehouse lead to design a comprehensive
data-mining plan.
 Evaluation and implementation of the data mining tools necessary to
meet our needs.

Required Skills:
 MS or higher in Computer Science or Statistics.
 Experience with SQL, and scripting languages in a web context, C++
and/or Java experience preferred.
 Experience with using data warehouses for data mining.
 Data analysis skills using statistical and artificial intelligence
techniques and tools.  Should be familiar with regression techniques,
decision trees, neural networks, associative rules mining, segmentation
of customer databases, clustering techniques, etc.
 Familiarity with data mining in a marketing environment.
 Familiarity with OLAP tools is a positive.
 Strong trouble-shooting and communication skills are required.
 Previous startup experience is a plus, as is knowledge of Oracle 8i.

Please respond to Manavendra Misra at manav at kbkids.com

Details about KBkids.com can be found at:
http://www.kbkids.com/kb/hiring.html