New Website on Boosting and Ensemble Learning

Gunnar Raetsch raetsch at first.gmd.de
Tue Dec 12 10:24:39 EST 2000

We are pleased to announce a new web-site on Boosting and related
ensemble learning methods.
It can be found at

        http://www.boosting.org

Compared to other pages on Boosting, the main difference is that we
have enlarged the scope to form a repository not only for research on
Boosting, but also on Ensemble Learning in general, Learning Theory,
Large Margin Classifiers, Mathematical Programming, and related
topics.  The aim is to serve as a central information source by
providing links to papers, upcoming events, datasets, code, a
discussion board, etc.

We have strived to create a forum for providing a balanced
representation of the field of Boosting and ensemble learning
research. It is our hope that this forum will contribute its share to
the exciting developments in this field that all of us have been and
are witnessing these years.

On the technical side, features include fully automatic data entry,
papers can be uploaded to the website, there exists a search option
for papers, and data can also be provided in BibTeX format which
should make it easier referencing to papers available at the site. If
you would like to add a paper of yours, please feel free to do so by
following the instructions on

       http://www.boosting.org/publications.html

We would like to express thanks to Central Research Institute of
Electric Power Industry for allowing us to host the web-site in
Tokyo. Furthermore, we thank Alex Smola for providing a copy of the
Kernel-Machines-Site which served as a basis for creating this new
site.  We also thank GMD-FIRST for providing resources to maintain
this site.