Call for papers WIRN 2001

Roberto Tagliaferri robtag at unisa.it
Mon Dec 4 05:44:35 EST 2000

The 12-th Italian Workshop on Neural Nets

WIRN VIETRI-2001

May 17-19, 2001,Vietri Sul Mare, Salerno ITALY

CALL FOR PAPERS - FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

Organizing - Scientific  Committee
B. Apolloni (Univ. Milano), A. Bertoni (Univ. Milano), N. A. Borghese
(CNR Milano), D. D. Caviglia (Univ. Genova), P. Campadelli (Univ.
Milano), A. Chella (Univ. Palermo), A. Colla (ELSAG Genova), A. Esposito
(I.I.A.S.S.), M. Frixione (Univ. Salerno), C. Furlanello (ITC-IRST
Trento), G. M. Guazzo (I.I.A.S.S.), M. Gori (Univ. Siena), F. Lauria
(Univ. Napoli), M. Marinaro (Univ. Salerno), F. Masulli (Univ. Genova),
C. Morabito (Univ. Reggio Calabria), P. Morasso (Univ. Genova), G.
Orlandi (Univ. Roma), T. Parisini (Politecnico Milano), E. Pasero
(Politecnico Torino), A. Petrosino (I.I.A.S.S.), V. Piuri (Politecnico
Milano), R. Serra (CRA Montecatini Ravenna), F. Sorbello (Univ.
Palermo), R. Tagliaferri (Univ. Salerno)

Topics
Mathematical Models, Architectures and Algorithms, Hardware and Software
Design, Hybrid Systems, Pattern Recognition and Signal Processing,
Industrial and Commercial Applications, Fuzzy Tecniques for Neural
Networks

Schedule
Papers Due:			January 31, 2001
Replies to Authors:         	March 31, 2001
Revised Papers Due:          	May 19, 2001

Sponsors
International Institute for Advanced Scientific Studies (IIASS) "E.R.
Caianiello")
Dept. of Scienze Fisiche "E.R. Caianiello", University of Salerno
Dept. of Matematica ed Informatica, University of Salerno
Dept. of Scienze dell'Informazione, University of Milano
Societa' Italiana Reti Neuroniche (SIREN)
IEEE Neural Network Council
INNS/SIG Italy
Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici, Napoli

The three-day conference, to be held in the I.I.A.S.S., will feature
both introductory tutorials and original, refereed papers, to be
published by an International Publishing.  Official languages are
Italian and English, while papers must be in English. Papers should be 6
pages, including title, figures, tables, and bibliography. The
accompanying letter should give keywords, postal and electronic mailing
addresses, telephone and FAX numbers, indicating oral or poster
presentation. Submit 3 copies and a 1 page abstract (containing
keywords, postal and electronic mailing addresses, telephone, and FAX
numbers with no more than 300 words) to the address shown (WIRN 2001 c/o
IIASS). An electronic copy of the abstract should be sent to the E-mail
address below.
During the Workshop the "Premio E.R. Caianiello" will be assigned to the
best Ph.D. thesis in the area of Neural Nets and related fields of
Italian researchers. The amount is of 2.000.000 Italian Lire. The
interested researchers (with the Ph.D degree got in 1998,1999,2000 until
February 28 2001) must send 3 copies of a c.v. and of the thesis to
"Premio Caianiello" WIRN 2001 c/o IIASS before February 28,2001. It is
possible to partecipate to the prize at most twice and the association
to SIREN is required (modules can be downloaded from the SIREN site).

For more information,
contact the Secretary of I.I.A.S.S. "E.R. Caianiello", Via G.Pellegrino,
19, 84019 Vietri Sul Mare (SA), ITALY
Tel. +39 89 761167	Fax  +39 89 761189	E-Mail robtag at unisa.it
or the SIREN www pages at:	http://www-dsi.ing.unifi.it/neural