Faculty positions at University of Edinburgh, UK

Chris Williams ckiw at dai.ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 09:39:53 EDT 2000

The Division of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh is seeking
to hire two lecturers.  I am keen to encourage people
from the machine learning/probabilistic modelling fields to apply.
Note that this area is highlighted in the advert (see below).

Apologies if you receive this message multiple times.

Informal questions and requests for information can be sent to
c.k.i.williams at ed.ac.uk

Chris Williams

Dr Chris Williams                                  c.k.i.williams at ed.ac.uk
Institute for Adaptive and Neural Computation
Division of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
5 Forrest Hill, Edinburgh EH1 2QL, Scotland, UK      fax: +44 131 650 6899
tel: (direct) +44 131 651 1212  (department switchboard)  +44 131 650 3090
http://anc.ed.ac.uk/

		LECTURESHIP IN INFORMATICS

The Division of Informatics (http://www.informatics.ed.ac.uk) has
inherited a very strong tradition of research in computer systems,
theoretical computer science, cognitive science, artificial
intelligence, robotics and neural networks. You will add to our
existing strengths in research and teaching, encourage the integration
of your own research with that of others and contribute to the
development of Informatics.  You can work in any area of Informatics,
but we would particularly welcome applications where algorithms and
complexity or machine learning was your primary interest.  We would
also especially welcome your application if you are working in
bioinformatics, computer systems, virtual or augmented reality,
knowledge representation or cognitive modelling.

The appointment will be at the Lecturer (18,731 - 34,601 pounds)
scales (salary scales under review). Please quote ref: 306630

Further particulars can be found at

http://www.informatics.ed.ac.uk/events/vacancies/lectureship_306630.html

and applications packs can be obtained from the PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT,
The University of Edinburgh, 9-16 Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1HT, UK

Closing date: 22 September 2000.