PostDoc Position at LORIA-INRIA France

Frederic Alexandre Frederic.Alexandre at loria.fr
Thu Oct 28 10:30:37 EDT 1999

LORIA/INRIA Lorraine
computer science laboratory
in Nancy, France

One postdoctoral position is available for developping image
processing systems in the framework of computational neurosciences
applied to robotics, in Nancy, France, from January to December 2000.

Our team: the CORTEX team is developping connectionist models,
inspired from biology, for perception, reasoning and autonomous
behavior. Belonging to a computer science lab, our main goal is to
propose effective models for robotics, speech and image processing.

The position will consist in helping PhD students to build the visual
processing system that have to be interfaced to their biologically
inspired models. This system will be itself biologically inspired or
will simply include classical image processing algorithms. The work
thus implies developping an interface, for a Koala autonomous robot,
between a video camera and our cortically inspired models.

The computer scientist candidate: he/she should be well-trained in
image processing and connectionist modeling. Experience in robotics,
autonomous behavior and neurosciences would be highly appreciated.

For further information, contact:
Frederic ALEXANDRE                              Tel: (+33/0) 3 83 59 20
53
INRIA-Lorraine/LORIA-CNRS                       Fax: (+33/0) 3 83 41 30
79
BP 239                                          E-mail: falex at loria.fr
54506 Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy Cedex
http://www.loria.fr/~falex