Job vacancy - Neural Technologies Limited

George Bolt grb at neuralt.com
Fri May 7 09:59:33 EDT 1999

Neural Scientist

Neural Technologies Limited is the leading UK company working in the
application and exploitation of neural computing and other advanced
technologies across a wide range of industrial and commercial
environments. Our continued growth has led to the requirement of an
applied Neural Scientist to join our highly motivated team to help in
the development and deployment of practical advanced computing solutions
on a high profile projects.

Do you want to apply your neural computing skills to solve real-world
problems?  Neural Technologies can offer you this opportunity - just
some of the areas we work in are:
	*	Telecommunications - fraud, churn, etc.
	*	Finance - credit scoring, risk management, instrument
trading, etc.
	*	Marketing - modelling and analysis
	*	Data Analysis and Visualisation - virtual reality
	*	Etc.

You will be expected to demonstrate not only high standards of
professionalism but technical innovation second to none.  Self
confidence, adaptability, proactivity and communication skills are as
important as the technical skills.  Required skills are:
	*	Well versed in neural network and other advanced
algorithm development and their practical application, should have at
least 2 years applied knowledge of at least 2 of the following:
		*	MLP, RBF, Decision Trees, etc.
		*	Kohonen/SOM, LVQ, etc.
		*	Rule induction and inferencing, case-based
reasoning, etc.
		*	Evolution, GA's, etc.
		*	Optimisation
	*	Experienced using MATLAB
	*	Proven problem solving abilities and system design
	*	Good mathematical background
*	Able to code in C or C++ within the PC environment

Experience of the following would also be an advantage:
	*	Knowledge of conventional statistics
	*	Signal processing techniques (e.g. speech)
	*	Application domains (credit scoring, fraud analysis,
telecommunications, banking and finance)

All candidates should be working at a practical research level or have
extensive industrial experience.  A keen view to the commercial
realities of working within a small, but fast growing, company is
required.  Neural Technologies Limited operate a non-smoking policy.

Contact:  Julie Naylor, Technical Administrator, Neural Technologies
Limited, Bedford Road, PETERSFIELD, Hampshire  GU32 3QA  (UK)
Fax:	+44 (0) 1730 260466
Phone:	+44 (0) 1730 260256
Email:    techadmn at neuralt.com
Website: http://www.neuralt.com