Habilitation thesis on "Vector-based neural networks" available (in german!)

Bernd Fritzke fritzke at inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jan 25 09:00:50 EST 1999

Dear Colleagues,

This is to announce the availability of my habilitation thesis

  "Vektorbasierte Neuronale Netze" (engl: Vector-based neural
networks)

which is meant to be a comprehensive overview of those neural network
architectures which are characterized by prototype vectors (e.g. SOM,
Neural Gas, GNG, RBFN) as well as related statistical methods
(e.g. LBG, k-means, k-NN).

Due to some ancient university law I had to write this thing in
German, which is kind of a pity, since this is not quite the general
language of science 8v). Those of you who are able to understand
German, however, can find the postscript version at

 http://pikas.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fritzke/papers/habil.ps.gz

The thesis has also appeared as book. Details can be found at

 http://www.shaker.de/Online-Gesamtkatalog/Details.idc?ISBN=3-8265-4458-7

Apologies to the non-German-speaking list members for the bandwidth!

Bernd
--
Bernd Fritzke                         http://pikas.inf.tu-dresden.de/~fritzke
Neural Computation Group                               Fax: ++49 351 463-8364