Job announcement: IBM Pen Computing Group

mpp@us.ibm.com mpp at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 6 15:07:04 EST 1999

======>   R&D Positions at IBM   <======

The Pen Computing Group at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
is looking for highly motivated individuals to fill R&D positions in the
area of large-vocabulary, unconstrained, handwriting recognition.

Candidates should have the following qualifications:
     - MS/PhD in EE, CS, Math, Physics or similar field
     - Strong mathematics/probability background
     - Excellent programming skills (in C and C++)
     - Creativity
     - Ability to work well as part of a team
     - Ability to direct their own research
     - Interest in creating a marketable product

======>   Background   <======

Our current projects include:
     - HMM-based, unconstrained, handwriting recognition
     - Language and grammar modeling
     - Accurate, high-speed, search methods
     - Document understanding and processing
     - Pen computing

We have licensed our group's technology for the recently introduced
CrossPad (http://www.cross-pcg.com) which enables users to
efficiently index, search and manipulate their hand-written notes on
their PC using a normal pad of paper.

The IBM T.J. Watson Research Center is one of the top industrial
laboratories in the world. We offer an exciting research environment
with the opportunity to become involved in all aspects of cutting edge
technology in the computer industry.

======> Contact Information <======

Please send CV's to:

Michael P. Perrone
mpp at us.ibm.com

-or-

Michael P. Perrone
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center - 36-207
Route 134
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
914-945-1779