PDM Digital Neural Network System.

Yuzo Hirai hirai at is.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sun Apr 25 21:11:27 EDT 1999

Dear Connectionists readers,

We have connected our PDM Digital Neural Network System to the Internet.
It is a hardware neural network simulator that consists of 1,008
hardware neurons fully interconnected via 1,028,160 7-bit synapses.  The
system consists of fully digital circuits and an analog output of each
neuron is encoded by Pulse Density Modulation as our real neurons do.
The behavior of each neuron is described by a nonlinear first-order
differential equation, and the system solves 1,008 simultaneous
differential equations in a fully parallel and time-continuous manner.
It can solve a WTA network ten thousand times faster than a latest
workstation for the best case.

The details of the system and how to obtain a permission to use the
system, visit http://www.viplab.is.tsukuba.ac.jp/ .

Best regards.

Professor Yuzo Hirai
Institute of Information sciences and Electronics
University of Tsukuba

Address: 1-1-1 Ten-nodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
Tel: +81-298-53-5519
Fax: +81-298-53-5206
e-mail: hirai at is.tsukuba.ac.jp