Naples/Ischia Course: Final Call for Abstracts

PD Dr. Backhaus backhaus at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 16 04:44:46 EDT 1998

See:    http://www.fu-berlin.de/backhaus/circul.html

Call for Abstracts (deadline: 19.9.98)

ISTITUTO ITALIANO PER GLI STUDI FILOSOFICI
STUDY PROGRAM ON "FROM NEURONAL CODING TO CONSCIOUSNESS"

INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BIOCYBERNETICS
NEURONAL CODING OF PERCEPTUAL SYSTEMS

Isle of Ischia (Naples), Italy
October 12-17, 1998

OPENING CEREMONY AND INTRODUCTORY LECTURE:
Naples, morning of October 12, 1998

TOPICS:

[1] Vision: Neuronal Coding of Colour, Space, Motion, and Polarized Light
    Perception

[2] Hearing and Touch: Neuronal Coding of Auditory and
    Mechano Perception,
[3] Taste and Smell: Neuronal Coding of Chemical Perception,
[4] Neuronal Coding of Temperature, Pain, Electro, and Magneto Perception
[5] Neuronal Coding, Internal Representations, Qualia and Sensations
    (Consciousness)

ADVISORY BOARD:
A. Clark (USA), M. Kavaliers (C), L. Maffei (I), T. Radil, (CZ), U. Thurm,
(D), G. Tratteur (I), R. de Valois, (USA), R. Wehner, (CH), J. S. Werner, (USA),

SCHOOL DIRECTOR
Werner Backhaus
Freie Universität Berlin

For program and registration form see:

http://www.fu-berlin.de/backhaus/circul.html

W. Backhaus
homepage:
http://www.fu-berlin.de/backhaus
with a link to our book "Color Vision -
Perspectives from Different Disciplines, eds.
W. Backhaus, R. Kliegl, and J.S. Werner. De Gruyter,
Berlin - New York, 1998.

New Address:
W. Backhaus
Theoretical and Experimental Biology