Ninth T.I.T. Brain Research Symposium

Hidemitsu Ogawa ogawa at cs.titech.ac.jp
Wed Nov 4 06:04:50 EST 1998

Appended below is the program for the Ninth T.I.T. Brain Research
Symposium.

Hidemitsu Ogawa
The Ninth T.I.T. Brain Research Symposium General Chair

          The Ninth T.I.T. Brain Research Symposium
                    December 11, 1998
              Tokyo Institute of Technology
 Ferrite Room of Centennial Memorial Hall, Oookayama Campus

10:00-10:10  Opening
             Hidemitsu Ogawa (T.I.T. Graduate School of Information Science
             and Engineering)

10:10-11:10  Synapse mechanism of pheromonal memory (Invited)
             Masumi Ichikawa(Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience)

11:10-11:50  Manipulation technology of individual molecules for brain
             research: A Challenge in nanoworld
             Atsushi Ikai (T.I.T. Faculty of Biosciences and Biotechnology)

                  	--- Lunch ---

13:00-13:40  Study of learning circuit for odor sensor using
             1bit-stream dataprocessing circuit
             Takamichi Nakamoto, Satoshi Kawamura, and Toyosaka Moriizumi
             (T.I.T. Faculty of Engineering)

13:40-14:20  Holographic neural computation with weighted sum performed
             by wave interference: Simulation by software models and
             hardware implementation
             Itsuo Kumazawa (T.I.T. Graduate School of Information Science and
             Engineering)

14:20-15:00  Neural networks and motivation:What will make it to do?
             Yukio Kosugi(T.I.T. Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science
             and Engineering)

  		        --- Break ---

15:20-16:00  Recent advance in probabilistic analysis for complex
             learning machines
             Sumio Watanabe(T.I.T. Precision and Intelligence Laboratory)

16:00-17:00  Dynamic independent component analysis in application to
             biomedical signal processing: Recent results and open
             problems (Invited)
             Andrzeij Cichocki(RIKEN Brain Science Institute)

                                                    (admission: free)
General Chair:Prof. Hidemitsu Ogawa (Tokyo Institute of Technology,
               Graduate School of Information Science and Engineering)
Secretariat  :Dr.Yukio Kosugi/Email:kosugi at pms.titech.ac.jp