preprint: phase transitions in soft-committee

Michael Biehl biehl at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu May 28 03:46:02 EDT 1998

FTP-host:       ftp.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
FTP-filename:   /pub/preprint/1998/WUE-ITP-98-014.ps.gz

A revised version of our recently announced paper

Ref.  WUE-ITP-98-014                                     [8 pages]
        Phase transitions in soft--committee machines
            M.Biehl, E. Schl\"osser, and M. Ahr

is now available through anonymous ftp (see below) or
from the Wuerzburg Theoretical Physics preprint server
in the WWW:
     http://theorie.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~publications.shtml

Unfortunately, it  had escaped our attention that soft-committee
machines have been analysed earlier in the limit of infinitely
many hidden units

by    K. Kang, J.-H. Oh, C. Kwon, and Y. Park
in    Phys. Rev. E 48 (1993)  4805

We thank J. Hertz for drawing our attention to this fact. In the
revised version we focus on the novel results for finite K and
give appropriate reference to the above publication.

  Michael Biehl

Retrieval procedure via anonymous ftp:

     unix> ftp  ftp.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
     Name: anonymous  Password: {your e-mail address}
     ftp>  cd pub/preprint/1998
     ftp>  binary
     ftp>  get WUE-ITP-98.014.ps.gz               (*)
     ftp>  quit
     unix> gunzip WUE-ITP-98-014.ps.gz
e.g. unix> lp -odouble WUE-ITP-98-014.ps

(*) can be replaced by "get WUE-ITP-98-014.ps". The file will then
    be uncompressed before transmission (slow!).

  e-mail :     biehl at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de