call for contributions on handwriting recognition

Raul Rojas rrojas at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Dec 14 18:38:17 EST 1998

[ Moderator's note: I don't usually accept calls for papers
  in some generic application area for a journal that is not
  primarily neural nets-oriented.  But since neural networks
  are used so extensively in handwriting recognition research,
  this particular call for papers is an exception.

    -- Dave Touretzky, CONNECTIONISTS moderator ]

                              Handwriting Recognition

The journal "Kuenstliche Intelligenz" (Artificial Intelligence), organ
of the German SIG on AI, will publish a special issue on handwriting
recognition during 1999. We are looking for additional original
contributions on the following topics:

- on-line and off-line handwriting recognition
- applications of handwriting recognition
- handwriting recognition for PDAs
- image processing for handwriting recognition

We are looking for papers at an expository level and  papers
describing ongoing projects.

Language: English or German
Extension: 5-6 pages, including figures.
Deadline: January 31, 1999.

Short project summaries (a half-page with pointers to on-line materials)

will be published together in a special section.
There are no special format requirements, since we will reformat
the papers using the source file. Files in LaTeX or MS-Word are
acceptable. Electronic submission is encouraged.

Guest editor:
Raul Rojas
Intl. Computer Science Institute
1947 Center St.