training at USC

Mark S. Seidenberg marks at gizmo.usc.edu
Wed Dec 2 12:42:49 EST 1998

GRADUATE AND POSTDOCTORAL TRAINING IN
COGNITIVE AND COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE
AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

This announcement concerns opportunities for pre- and post-doctoral
training in cognitive neuroscience and computational neuroscience at USC.

We seek to recruit outstanding individuals to be supported under a training
grant funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. The goal of the
training program is to develop future cognitive neuroscientists who will be
able to advance the goal of understanding brain-behavior relationships,
using computational modeling as a primary tool.

USC has brought together a group of outstanding researchers in cognitive
neuroscience, with a particular concentration of expertise in neural
network modeling at different levels of abstraction.

Our program focuses on four main areas:  language, vision, learning and
memory, and motor performance. Research activities involve behavioral
studies of normal and brain-injured humans; psychophysiological and
neuroimaging techniques; basic neuroscience methods such as single-cell
recording and lesion studies in animals, coupled with computational
modeling.

For additional information contact Mark S. Seidenberg, Program Director
(marks at neuro.usc.edu).

The Neuroscience Doctoral program: http://www.usc.edu/dept/nbio/nibs.html
Cognitive Neuroscience at USC: http://www.usc.edu/dept/nbio/nibs/cognit.html
Computational Neuroscience at USC: