Job Announcement: research/software at Prediction Company

Norman Packard n at predict.com
Fri Apr 24 12:10:53 EDT 1998

                         PREDICTION COMPANY

		    RESEARCH/SOFTWARE POSITION IN
	       NONLINEAR MODELING OF FINANCIAL MARKETS

                           April, 1998

Prediction Company is a small firm based in Santa Fe, NM, utilizing
nonlinear forecasting technologies for prediction and computerized trading
of financial instruments.

We are seeking someone that can play a strong role in both research
and research software.  The basic task is to build models based on
historical data to trade in financial markets.  Responsibilities
include application of existing technology, research and development
of new technology, and participation in the design and building of an
advanced software platform for prediction, trading, and risk control.

The successful applicant for this job will have a Ph.D. in statistics,
econonimcs, computer science, physics, mathematics, or a related
field.  Experience using time series modeling, machine learning, and
statistical and numerical anlysis is highly valuable.

Software experience is essential, particularly desirable in C++, S+ or
related languages.  Familiarity with finance is highly desirable.
Experience with real data is also highly desirable -- the nastier the
better.  We are willing to consider a range of experience levels,
including recent Ph.D.'s.  The applicant should be willing to work in
close collaboration with other researchers and software developers,
and should be willing to take on what is unquestionably the most
challenging but lucrative forecasting problem in existence.

Prediction Company offers a relaxed and informal work environment.  We
are located in an historic three story building in the Guadalupe
commercial district.  Our offices include a full kitchen and roof
deck.  We are within easy walking distance of many cafes, restaurants
and the historical central plaza of Santa Fe.

For further information check out our web page at www.predict.com.

Applicants should email resumes to Laura Barela at laura at predict.com
(postscript or ascii) or send by US mail to:

Prediction Company
Attn: Recruiting
236 Montezuma Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501