CfP 4. Symp. Softcomputing

Volker Nissen vnissen at gwdg.de
Wed Oct 22 10:50:20 EDT 1997

This call was sent to several lists. We apologize should you
receive it multiple times.
---------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS
==================

4. SYMPOSIUM SOFTCOMPUTING

"Softcomputing in Production and Material Management"

Neural Nets, Fuzzy Set Theory, Evolutionary Algorithms

University of Goettingen, Thu. 12. March 1998 (10 am - 6 pm)

THEME:

The theme of this years symposium are softcomputing applications in
production and material management. Softcomputing as a technical term
includes the complementary core areas of artificial neural networks,
fuzzy set theory, and evolutionary algorithms.
While softcomputing is actively being applied in the technical sectors,
we believe that the great potential of softcomputing for the management
domain has not yet been sufficiently appreciated in industry.
The Goettingen symposium was established to serve as a link between
science and practice, focussing on innovative applications and
know-how transfer. Possible topics of contributions include
but are not limited to:

*  production planning
*  lot sizing and scheduling
*  cutting problems
*  inventory control
*  machine diagnosis
*  data mining
*  maintenance planning
*  system layout
*  line balancing
*  process control and optimization
*  waste management

ORGANISATION:

The symposium is strictly application-orientated. It is organised by
members of the ,Workgroup on Softcomputing in Business", jointly with
the bureau of technology transfer of the University of Goettingen. It
takes place at the University of Goettingen, central lecturing
building. All three previous symposia received very positive
judgements from scientists and practicians.

DEADLINES:

12. Jan. 1998   Deadline for extended abstract submission
(ca. 2 pages, e-mail submission OK)
19. Jan. 1998   Notification of acceptance
16. Feb. 1998  Camera ready full papers due
27. Feb. 1998  Registration deadline and latest date to pay conference fee
12. Mar 1998   Symposium

CONFERENCE FEE:

The conference fee is DM 100,- fuer speakers und DM 200,- for other
participants, and includes the proceedings, lunch and coffee breaks.
Please pay to our account no. 9242 058 at Nord LB (German bank code
250 500 00). Account holder is the ,Foerderverein FH BS-WF". Please
mention "4. Symposium Softcomputing" with your payment. We accept euro
cheques, but unfortunately cannot accept credit cards.

PROCEEDINGS:

A proceedings volume will be distributed at the conference. In
preparing your manuscript, please follow these format requirements:
printing area 17 x 24 cm, 12 pt Times Roman or similar font, single
line spacing, no page numbering, max. 16 pages, title in 18 pt Arial
bold and centered. Below please state authors names and affiliations
(centered). Please include short abstract and key words. Contributions
in German or English.

Please send two copies of your manuscript in reproducable form as well
as the formated file on disk to the address stated below. At least one
of the authors of an accepted paper is required to participate in the
symposium and present the paper. Talks should not exceed 40 minutes
(including 10 minutes for discussion).

SYMPOSIUM WWW-PAGE:

HTML://www.wi1.wiso.uni-goettingen.de/pa/afn/4symp_e.htm

CONTACT:

PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
4. Symposium Softcomputing
Dipl.-Phys. Martin Tietze
Universitaet Goettingen
Abt. Wirtschaftsinformatik I
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 5
D-37073 Goettingen
Germany

REGISTRATION ADDRESS:
Dipl.-Kfm. Dipl.-Ing. Detlef Puchert
FH Braunschweig-Wolfenbuettel
Technologietransfer-Kontaktstelle
Salzdahlumer Str. 46/48
38302 Wolfenbuettel
Germany
E-mail: d.puchert at verwaltung.fh-wolfenbuettel.de

FOR QUESTIONS VIA E-MAIL PLEASE REFER TO:
vnissen at gwdg.de
(Dr. Volker Nissen)