No subject

Paolo Campolucci paolo at eealab.unian.it
Mon Mar 10 10:07:22 EST 1997

--------------------------CALL FOR PAPERS--------------------------------
Special Session on Neural Networks for Signal Processing
---------
ISIS'97- International Symposium on Intelligent Systems
---------

	Signal processing problems, with their particular features and
challenges, have provided an important field of  application for artificial
neural networks (ANNs). The non-linear processing and classification
capabilities of these networks, in fact, can be very useful in many DSP
applications. However, to provide robust, efficient and reliable NN
solutions to many real-world problems, new and original ideas should be
found to overcome nowadays limitations.
	This special session, organized within ISIS'97, wants to provide an
open forum for researchers in this field to present and discuss new and
promising results on the theory and application of artificial neural
networks for signal processing.

Papers are solicited for, but not limited to, the following topics:
>>>Paradigms: artificial neural networks, evolutionary computation,
	nonlinear signal processing, robust fitting, classification and
	learning, statistical properties of ANNs, complexity issues.

>>>Application areas: speech processing, speech enhancement, space-time
	processing, adaptive filtering, channel equalization and
	predistortion, robotics, system identification and control, time series
	prediction, temporal pattern recognition.

>>>Theories: generalization, design algorithms, optimization, learning,
	neural architectures for signal processing, dynamic recurrent neural
	networks, locally recurrent neural networks, IIR synapses neural networks,
	Time Delay Neural Networks, fast learning algorithms, on-line training
	algorithms, on-line clustering, and identification/rejection of outliers.

>>>Implementations: parallel and distributed implementation, hardware
	design, other implementation technologies.

	The International Symposium on Intelligent Systems will be held in Reggio
Calabria (Italy) in the center of the Mediterranean sea, from September 11
to September 13, 1997. This 2+1/2 days interdisciplinary symposium aims to
be an international forum for advanced studies in Neural Networks, Fuzzy
Systems and related intelligent technologies, with special concern for
analysis and synthesis of systems which have to make decisions in an
environment of uncertainty and imprecision. This Conference follows up the
series of International Symposia organized by AMSE in Istanbul (1988),
Brighton (1989), Cetinje (1990), Warsaw (1991), Geneva (1992), London
(1993), Lyon (1994), Brno (1995) and Leon (1996).

More information about the workshop is available at:
http://neurolab.ing.unirc.it/isis97.html

Papers Submission to special session:
	Papers must be received by April 15, 1997. They should include an abstract
not exceeding 100 words and should not exceed five A4 pages, single-column
format in Times Roman or similar font style, 10 points or larger with 2.5
cm (one inch) margins on all four sides, including figures, tables and
references. All submitted manuscripts, both invited and contributed, will
be evaluated by peer reviewers to determine their suitability for
publication. Authors are encouraged to submit their work via Air Mail or
Express Courier so as to ensure timely delivery. All submissions will be
acknowledged by electronic or postal mail. Authors of accepted papers wil=
be invited to submit their final camera-ready papers by May 31, 1997.
Five copies of the manuscript must be sent to the address below with an
accompanying letter including the following information:
Full Title of the Paper
Technical Topics (First and Second Choices)
Corresponding Author (Name, Postal and E-Mail Addresses, Telephone and Fax
Numbers)
Presenting Author and preferred mode of presentation (Oral or Poster)
Symposium Language: English will be the official language of the Symposium.

Important dates:
 April 15, 1997 Deadline for manuscripts submitted to the special session.
 May 10, 1997 Notification to Authors.=20
 May 31, 1997 Deadline for receiving final camera-ready papers

Proceedings:
Accepted papers will be included in the Proceedings published by IOS press.
Selected papers could be published in several journals of AMSE.

All manuscripts submitted to the special session must be sent to:
Prof. Francesco Piazza
Dipart. Elettronica ed Automatica, Universita' di Ancona
via Brecce Bianche, 60131 Ancona
email: upf at eealab.unian.it (or paolo at eealab.unian.it)
TEL: +39 (71) 2204 453   or 2204 541
FAX: +39 (71) 2204 464 or 2204 835

For informations about the special session, please contact Prof. F. Piazza,
at the address above, or:
Dr. Elio D. Di Claudio
Dipart. INFO-COM, Universit=E0 di Roma "La Sapienza"
via Eudossiana 18, 00184 Roma
email dic at infocom.ing.uniroma1.it
TEL: +39 (6) 44585 837 or 44585 839
FAX: +39 (6) 4873300

For information about the symposium, please contact:
Symposium Secretariat:
ISIS'97 Secretariat=20
University of Reggio Calabria=20
Faculty of Engineering, DIEMA=20
Via E.Cuzzocrea 48, I-89127 Reggio Calabria, Italy
Phone: +39 -965 875224, Fax: +39 -965 875247
E-mail: neurolab at csiins.unirc.it
WWW: http://neurolab.ing.unirc.it/isis97.html