preprint available

Michael Biehl biehl at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Dec 30 08:27:19 EST 1997

Subject:    paper available: Adaptive Systems on Different Time Scales

FTP-host:       ftp.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
FTP-filename:   /pub/preprint/WUE-ITP-97-053.ps.gz

The following preprint is now available via anonymous ftp:
(See below for the retrieval procedure)

Adaptive Systems on Different Time Scales

by D. Endres and Peter Riegler

Abstract:
 The special character of certain degrees of freedom in two-layered neural
 networks is investigated for on-line learning of realizable rules. Our
 analysis shows that the dynamics of these degrees of freedom can be put on
 a faster time scale than the remaining, with the profit of speeding up the
 overall adaptation process. This is shown for two groups of degrees of
 freedom: second layer weights and bias weights. For the former case
 our analysis provides a theoretical explanation of phenomenological findings.

Retrieval procedure:

     unix> ftp  ftp.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
     Name: anonymous  Password: {your e-mail address}
     ftp>  cd pub/preprint/1997
     ftp>  get WUE-ITP-97-053.ps.gz
     ftp>  quit
     unix> gunzip WUE-ITP-97-053.ps.gz
e.g. unix> lp WUE-ITP-97-053.ps

     _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
        _/            _/        Peter Riegler
       _/   _/_/_/   _/        Institut fuer Theoretische Physik
      _/   _/   _/  _/        Universitaet Wuerzburg
     _/   _/_/_/   _/        Am Hubland
    _/   _/       _/        D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany

 phone: (++49) (0)931 888-4908
 fax:   (++49) (0)931 888-5141
 email: pr at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
 www:   http://theorie.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~pr