pre/postdoc positions in modeling cognitive mechanisms

ptodd@hellbender.mpib-berlin.mpg.de ptodd at hellbender.mpib-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Dec 10 10:43:34 EST 1997

Hello--we are seeking pre- and postdoctoral applicants for positions in our
Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition to study simple cognitive
mechanisms in humans (and other animals), both through simulation modeling
techniques and experimentation.  Please visit our website
(http://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/abc) for more information on what we're up to
here, and circulate the following ad to all appropriate parties.

       cheers,
        Peter Todd
        Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition
        Max Planck Institute for Human Development
        Berlin, Germany

The Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition at the Max Planck Institute for
Human Development in Berlin, Germany, is seeking applicants for 1 one-year
Predoctoral Fellowship (tax-free stipend DM 21,600) and 1 two-year
Postdoctoral Fellowship (tax-free stipend range DM 40,000-44,000) beginning in
September 1998.  Candidates should be interested in modeling bounded
rationality in real-world domains, and should have expertise in one of the
following areas: judgment and decision making, evolutionary psychology or
biology, cognitive anthropology, experimental economics and social games,
risk-taking.  For a detailed description of our research projects and current
researchers, please visit our WWW homepage at
http://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/abc or write to Dr. Peter Todd at
ptodd at mpib-berlin.mpg.de .  The working language of the center is English.
Send applications (curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation, and reprints)
by February 28, 1998 to Professor Gerd Gigerenzer, Center for Adaptive
Behavior and Cognition, Max Planck Institute for Human Development,
Lentzeallee 94, 14195 Berlin, Germany.