AMARI: WCNN Announcement

Mary Lou Padgett pci-inc at aub.mindspring.com
Sun Oct 20 12:13:36 EDT 1996

AMARI:   WCNN Announcement

PRESIDENTIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
OF ACTION TAKEN BY INNS BOARD OF GOVERNORS
AT WCNN'96 IN SAN DIEGO, SEPTEMBER 17, 1996:

In the last few years, many members of INNS have expressed
dissatisfactin with the existence of two major, competing neural
network meetings in North America.  A number of months ago, IEEE
and INNS began informal discussions about the possibility of
reinstituting cooperation.  This week, we had further contacts with
IEEE, and the INNS Board Members have made a strong decision to
proceed to reinstitute the tradition of joint meetings, perhaps as early
as 1997.

There are certain details which need to be worked out, and decisioins
which need to be approved.  In the spirit of cooperation, the INNS
Board has elected to replace the planned 1997 INNS meetng in
Boston by supporting the meeting in Houston next June, let this time
by IEEE, by offering a strong INNS technical involvement.

WE REMIND YOU THE PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THE HOUSTON
MEETING IS SET AT NOVEMBER 1 (NOV. 15 FOR INNS MEMBERS ONLY).

We trust that we will later be able to follow a pattern of alternating the
lead roles, as we did with IJCNNs in the past.  We urge all of you to
plan to join wiht us in Houston, to help support this effort to reunite
the neural network community.

SHUN-ICHI AMARI

Note:
See the new web page for the JOINT MEETING for 1997.
http://www.mindspring.com/~pci-inc/ICNN97

Send papers to Dan Levine, Co-Program Chair.

Mary Lou Padgett
1165 Owens Road
Auburn, AL 36830
P: (334) 821-2472  F: (334) 821-3488
m.padgett at ieee.org

Auburn University, EE Dept.
Padgett Computer Innovations, Inc. (PCI)  Simulation, VI, Seminars
IEEE Standards Board -- Virtual Intelligence ( VI):   NN, FZ, EC, VR