Self-organizing Systems Research

electro@batc.allied.com electro at batc.allied.com
Fri Jun 21 16:46:14 EDT 1996

I am looking for recent research papers that describe algorithms and/or
methods that enable a totally interconnected network of processing
nodes to self-organize (i.e., determine an optimal configuration by
eliminating redundant nodes, minimizing node connections, and
establishing node priorities ) in order to meet a predefined set of
spatial and functional criteria.

I am somewhat familiar with Kohonen's "Self-Organizing Maps" and I
would be interested in  applications of these maps and other
algorithms.  Thanks in advance for any information that you can
provide.

Richard A. Burne
electro at .batc.allied.com
AlliedSignal Inc.