applied theory position at SNAT, Dresden, Germany

Dr. Alexander Jourjine jourjine at arktur.zfe.siemens.de
Tue Jun 18 10:06:45 EDT 1996

A position is open in the algorithm development group of the Applications
Software Dept. at Siemens Nixdorf Advanced Technologies GmbH, a
fully owned subsidiary of Siemens Nixdorf AG.

We work on face recognition, 3D object recognition, and failure
prediction/novelty detection products.

An ideal candidate would be a theoretical physicist or a mathematician
with exposure to or original research in some of the following areas.

1. Mathematical physics.
	- Differential eqs
	- Integral eqs.
	- Prob. theory
	- Functional theory
	- Differential geometry of manifolds.
2. Dynamical systems and chaos theory
3. Optimization techniques: Monte Carlo etc.
4. Math. foundations of neural networks/GA

Familiarity with image processing and/or IDL is a plus. We work in Unix
and PC environments.

The work involves a close collaboration with professional software
developers to concieve, design and develope a range of commercial
products. Publications, conference attendance, and patenting are
encouraged.

Work style is informal but there is a lot of pressure to finish things
on time. Working language is English.

Salary depends on qualifications.

Some knowledge of German is helpful.

Position is available immediately.