postdoc position: computational neuroscience and rodent navigation

Dave_Touretzky@DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU Dave_Touretzky at DST.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU
Sun Jan 14 03:14:52 EST 1996

The Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, a joint center of Carnegie
Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, is accepting
applications for postdoctoral positions in computational and cognitive
neuroscience.  One position for which candidates are actively being sought
involves computational modeling and neurophysiological investigation of the
rodent navigation system.

Applicants should be either:

* A neuroscientist with experience in single-unit recording from behaving
animals, and some computer experience, who would like to do postdoctoral
work involving computer modeling of the rodent hippocampal and head
direction systems.

* A computational neuroscientist already proficient in modeling biological
neural networks, with a strong interest in helping to set up a
neurophysiological recording facility as part of their postdoctoral
training.

Full details on the CNBC postdoctoral program are available on our web site
at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Web/Groups/CNBC -- follow the link to the NPC
(Neural Processes in Cognition) program.  Applications are due by February
1, but late applications may still be considered if the position is not
filled.  Persons interested in this position should contact me directly at
dst at cs.cmu.edu.

-- Dave Touretzky	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst	  dst at cs.cmu.edu
   Computer Science Department & Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition
   Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3891