Caltech site on brain and cognitive science, illusio

Al Seckel seckel at klab.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 20 12:50:44 EST 1996

Greetings,
Christof Koch of the California Institute of Technology and I have been
actively researching and studying the neuronal correlates of visual and
other sensory illusions. In this regard we have amassed the world's
largest collection of illusions, most of which are unpublished. We have
put together a massive multimedia project where the user can vary critical
parameters on each illusion thereby testing the underlying mechanism. This
has never been possible before in the printed medium. We have also put
up an enormous web site on illusions, perception, and brain and cognitive
science for interested professionals and laypeople complete with interactive
demonstrations, illusionary artwork, puzzles, bibliographies, recommended
school projects, merchandise, and the like. Much of the material on the
site is unpublished.

We would very much appreciate it if you could let your subscribers know
about this site as it contains up-to-date scientific explanations and
demonstrations not available anywhere else and of extreme interest to
our community.

The present web address is

www.lainet.com/illusions

After Monday it will be