combining estimators w/ non-constant weighting

Dr. Xu Lei lxu at cs.cuhk.hk
Tue Jun 27 08:27:10 EDT 1995

Also the topic of combining of classifiers has been studied in
Pattern Recognition literure as well as Neural networks. My colleauges
and I has done some work (Pls use your own judgement to decide
they are worth reading).

-Lei

   Lei Xu, Adam Krzyzak and Ching Y. Suen, (1991), `` Associative
Switch for Combining Multiple Classifiers", Proc. of 1991
International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Seattle, July, Vol.
I, 1991, pp43-48. Later, the detailed version is published in
{\sl Journal of Artificial Neural Networks}, Vol.1, No.1, pp77-100, 1994.

   Lei Xu, Adam Krzyzak and Ching Y. Suen, (1992), `` Several Methods
for Combining Multiple Classifiers and Their Applications in
Handwritten Character Recognition", {\sl IEEE Trans. on System, Man
and Cybernetics}, Vol. SMC-22, No.3, pp418-435, 1992, regular paper.

 Lei Xu and M.I.Jordan (1993), ``EM Learning on A Generalized Finite
Mixture Model for Combining Multiple Classifiers'', Proceedings of
World Congress on Neural Networks, Portland, OR, Vol. IV, 1993,

Lei Xu, M.I.Jordan and  G. E. Hinton (1995), `` An Alternative  Model  for mixtures of Experts", to appear on  {\em Advances in Neural Information Processing
Systems 7}, eds., Cowan, J.D., Tesauro, G., and Alspector, J.,
MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1995.